The Colosseum in Rome is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. This ancient gladiatorial arena in Italy has about 50,000 seats. With beautiful architecture, it gives a glimpse of the atmosphere when the gladiators used to fight with animals and also with each other.
The whole structure has deep roots with underground complexes. These underground complexes are called hypogeum and were used to keep the caged animals.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||San Francisco International Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.|
The marvelous exterior wall of the Flavian Amphitheatre has a unique oval shape. The grand structure of 186 meters length and 156 meters width makes it mesmerizing. A big section of the outer wall collapsed in 1349 due to many earthquakes.
The remains somehow enhance the beauty of the overall outer structure. There are four locations of getting inside the structure.
Day 1 - Arrive in Rome
- Once you arrive at the airport, get transferred to your hotel
- Spend the day relaxing and taking in the breath
- Taking sights this colorful city has to offer
- Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 - Rome
- Wake up and grab a delicious breakfast at the hotel
- Head out for your Rome Hop On Hop Off Tour covering all the best loved Rome attractions. In the afternoon you will visit the richest country in the World – the Vatican. Enjoy the tour of the treasures of the Vatican, including the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican Museum where you’ll be shown a fine collection of antiquities, the fascinating Tapestry Gallery etc.
- Overnight stay at Hotel
Day 3 - Explore Rome
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast at the hotel
- Day is at leisure. You can step out to visit the Historic marvels such as the Colosseum, Roman Forum and the Pantheon which will leave even the most die-hard history buffs in awe. Wander around the meandering streets and hand out at quaint cafes and restaurants, to gorge on some delicious food. If you believe in luck, don’t forget to throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain and wish for the best.
- Today we strongly recommend you to opt for a full day excursion down to Naples, Capri and Anacapri. This tour will give you an opportunity to visit the world famous Blue Grotto.
- Overnight stay at Hotel (Please note, that these are only suggested activities and are not included in the package)
Day 4 - Rome - Florence
- After a lovely breakfast at the hotel, prepare for the next leg of your Europe tour
- Check-out from your hotel and make your way to the station to take a train to Florence. (Train prices not included, available on request)
- Upon arrival in Florence, please make your way to the hotel and check in.
- Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5 - Florence - Tuscany
- Good morning! Breakfast is ready and served at the hotel
- In the afternoon take an excursion through the picturesque Tuscan countryside of the historic university city of Pisa. Upon arrival in Pisa take a guided walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli, with the celebrated Leaning Tower (from outside), the Baptistery (from outside) & other important monuments. This is followed by a visit to the interior of the Cathedral, an unrivalled masterpiece of Romanesque art constructed between the 11th and 12th centuries. Free time at your disposal. Those who are interested can take a pleasant walk with the tour escort & reach Piazza dei Cavalieri, where you can admire the historic Scuola Normale, one of the most famous universities in the world.
- Return back to your hotel in Florence. Overnight stay at hotel
Day 6 - Florence - Venice
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Today you will experience Venice – The most romantic city of the world.
- Check in at your hotel. The day is at leisure for you to explore this really unique city on water. Later in the evening you can opt for a gondola ride, cruising through the Grand Canal, without which a trip to Venice would be deemed incomplete. What better way to explore the Land of Canals than on Venetian Gondolas? Glide peacefully among the faded grandeur, Pass beneath elegant bridges and centuries-old palazzos of Venice. Sit back and take in the city views from the water as you’re steered through the canals.
- Overnight at Hotel in Venice
- (Please note, that these are only suggested activities and are not included in the package)
Day 7 - Venice
- Enjoy a scrumptious breakfast at the hotel
- Spend the day unwinding and relaxing. Spend time exploring Venice, you can opt for the morning walking tour covering the San Marco area where you will see The stunning Basilica of San Marco. Later in the afternoon proceed for your scenic island tour. You will witness how beautifully the colored glass is made in Murano Glass making factory, then on to the pretty islands of Burano, famous not only for its lace but also for the fishermen’s houses painted in bright colors and Torcello, the earliest centre of civilization in the estuary.
- Overnight stay at the hotel
Day 8 - Return
- All great holidays must end. Relish a yummy breakfast at the hotel and pack your bags and memories
- Check-out from the hotel and get transferred to the airport for your onward flight.